Thursday, October 18, 2007

All of them together

I can’t remember why I started making books. I know why I read them in public, but I can’t say that’s why I make them. The act of making and craft isn’t often associated with intelligence unless you’re really good at it- ahead of your time good at it. You pick the next big concept before people even start thinking about it. Like the impressionists, cubists, or Dadaists. That’s not why I make books. I probably make books because I like to read, and I want to write. Sometimes I can sneak writing into the process, without being too harshly critiqued on content… like the post-modernists. At least you know it’s a book when I’m finished with it, but maybe if you didn’t you’d think I was smarter than you are. Then you’d read my Blog…

2 comments:

Sharon Rose said...

I love it! More. Make more stuff.

adam brown said...

I think you should whittle smaller books out of larger books, but then again, I'm full of great ideas like that