Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Comforts of Home

While I was cleaning, so that I can pack lightly, I found this old project (left) from my Computer Arts 100 course from 2005, and noticed a moderate resemblance (right). I may not be very good at designing logos (the economy is where I get stuck), but I might have a knack for envisioning the future?





















"He did not know where a suitcase was, he disliked to pack, he needed his books, his typewriter was not portable, he was used to an electric blanket, he could not bear to eat in restaurants. His mother, with her daredevil charity, was about to wreck the peace of the house.
If you bring that girl back into this house, I leave. You can choose-her or me.
On the contrary: she had not made any choice. She was counting on his attachment to his electric blanket."
From The Comforts of Home by Flannery O'Connor

While I think that Flannery O'Connor's knack lay in her ability to pinpoint human nature, and I am in love with the way she uses words to let us know, I am looking forward so much to leaving the comforts of home, behind.

No comments: